- Integrated offshore wind farm services
- JFTS completes crowd barrier testing for Premier League football club
- Hidden defects in bridges - mini case studies
- Dynamic load testing in Gabon, West Africa
- Ski jump foundation assessment in Eastern Turkey
- SIMBAT dynamic pile testing in St. Kitts
- Pile integrity and load testing in Trinidad and Tobago
- Thelwall viaduct monitored by Testconsult
- Specialist testing for the Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Delivering testing equipment and training in Serbia
- Structural investigation of Epsom College
- Pavement assessment for wind farm development in Scotland
- Dynamic pile testing for highways project in the Caribbean
- Crowd barrier testing for Irish rugby club
- USA scaffold compliance testing
- Testconsult undertake monitoring on Lunan Bridge
- Below ground corrosion assessment in Mineral Vody
- Transmission tower testing in Costa Rica
- Heavy weight deflectometer testing at Heathrow
- Dynamic load testing on hardwood piles
- New zone testing method used on Forth Crossing
- Foundation checks on Hungarian power lines
- Sonic logging at Crossrail
- Historical Buxton pump house tested
- Monitoring ship canal bridges
- Wind farm ground improvement verification
- Monitoring the Hammersmith flyover
- Sonic logging in Azerbaijan
- Plate load testing at Cammell Laird wind farm facility
- Concrete condition survey on Liverpool's waterfront
- Dynamic pile testing on Southend Pier
- Cyclic pile testing at Loughborough Grand Central railway
- Vibration monitoring on the M6 motorway
- Testconsult perform 1200Te static load test in Azerbaijan
- Testconsult provide large scale shear box for Trondheim University
- Testconsult complete 440Te offshore pile load test in West Africa
- Pottery works refurbished in Stoke-on-Trent
- Sonic logging at Bodrum Airport, Turkey
- Bridge monitoring at Spaghetti Junction
James Fisher Testing Services joins forces with other group companies to deliver an integrated solution to support the installation of four monitoring devices on an offshore wind farm.
The companies, James Fisher Testing Services, James Fisher Subsea, James Fisher Rumic and James Fisher Marine Services, were selected to provide a wide range of services for a major EPCI contractor to support the installation of four structural monitoring systems. The cross-group solution included the installation of monitoring equipment, provision of technicians, a confined space support team and vessel chartering.
The monitoring system was installed between the grouted connection of the monopile and the transition piece to monitor relative displacement over three axis of movement that includes x, y and rotational.
The cables were routed up the structure, through the air tight deck to a data logger in the transition piece, which required a confined space support team to work with the technicians to safeguard against any emergencies and help the team access the installation work area.
The operation was mobilised with the help of a dedicated James Fisher charter vessel that provided the technicians with unrestricted control and access to the turbines, enabling the technicians to extend their working time on the asserts and realise cost efficiencies across the operation.
Complete project solutions for offshore wind
James Fisher Testing Services can act as a single source supplier for your monitoring project needs. By drawing on the wider services of the James Fisher group, we can fulfil every aspect of your project, streamlining service delivery through effective project management and delivering tangible cost efficiencies. Our comprehensive service provides one point of contact for the entire project lifespan.