- Hidden bridge defects | sub-structure solutions
- Bridge strike monitoring for London Underground
- Hidden defects | masonry arch bridge solutions
- Hidden bridge defects | Moveable bridge solutions
- Hidden bridge defects | Bearing and expansion joint solutions
- Hidden defects | Concrete bridge solutions
- Hidden defects | Metallic bridge applications 2
- Hidden defects | Metallic bridge applications 1
- Integrated offshore wind farm services
- JFTS completes crowd barrier testing for Premier League football club
- Dynamic load testing in Gabon, West Africa
- Ski jump foundation assessment in Eastern Turkey
- SIMBAT dynamic pile testing in St. Kitts
- Pile integrity and load testing in Trinidad and Tobago
- Thelwall viaduct monitored by Testconsult
- Specialist testing for the Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Delivering testing equipment and training in Serbia
- Structural investigation of Epsom College
- Pavement assessment for wind farm development in Scotland
- Dynamic pile testing for highways project in the Caribbean
- Crowd barrier testing for Irish rugby club
- USA scaffold compliance testing
- Testconsult undertake monitoring on Lunan Bridge
- Below ground corrosion assessment in Mineral Vody
- Transmission tower testing in Costa Rica
- Heavy weight deflectometer testing at Heathrow
- Dynamic load testing on hardwood piles
- New zone testing method used on Forth Crossing
- Foundation checks on Hungarian power lines
- Sonic logging at Crossrail
- Historical Buxton pump house tested
- Monitoring ship canal bridges
- Wind farm ground improvement verification
- Monitoring the Hammersmith flyover
- Sonic logging in Azerbaijan
- Plate load testing at Cammell Laird wind farm facility
- Concrete condition survey on Liverpool's waterfront
- Dynamic pile testing on Southend Pier
- Cyclic pile testing at Loughborough Grand Central railway
- Vibration monitoring on the M6 motorway
- Testconsult perform 1200Te static load test in Azerbaijan
- Testconsult provide large scale shear box for Trondheim University
- Testconsult complete 440Te offshore pile load test in West Africa
- Pottery works refurbished in Stoke-on-Trent
- Sonic logging at Bodrum Airport, Turkey
- Bridge monitoring at Spaghetti Junction
James Fisher Testing Services has devised a number of methods for assessing the condition of hidden joints and bearings in bridges.
Our solutions can extend the life span of the asset by informing preventative maintenance strategies and minimise the load exerted through expansion, compression and movement of damaged bearings and joints.
M5 / M6 Midlands links
Hidden defect: Un-inspectable details
Problem: Data relating to bearing behaviour was required to plan maintenance work on multiple motorway links.
Solution: James Fisher Testing Services set up monitoring at four separate locations on the Midlands links in order to gather information about the actual behaviour of bearings and supporting structures, facilitating maintenance planning.
Hidden defect: Bearing seizure
Problem: Data was required to measure long term structural articulation.
Solution: James Fisher Testing Services instrumented a ten span section of the bridge, enabling long term monitoring. The piers were slender and there was no evidence of movement in the steel bearings. In order to record any movement between the piers, monitoring included displacement between them so that any overall sway could be detected.
Warrington Bank Quay
Hidden defect: Elastomeric degradation
Problem: Measurement of deformations in elastomeric bearings was required.
Solution: James Fisher Testing Services instrumented elastomeric bearings in order to measure the deformations in three dimensions under known traffic loading. This information was then compared with the design parameters.
Hidden defect: Setting out errors
Problem: During the 1990’s a bearing replacement was completed without full consideration of deck expansion between removal and replacement operations, resulting in a misaligned bearing that was at risk of ‘falling off’ under extreme conditions.
Solution: James Fisher Testing Services installed instrumentation and a live camera feed to accurately measure movement within mthe bearing prior to its replacement.