- Hidden defects in bridges - mini case studies
- Dynamic load testing in Gabon, West Africa
- Ski jump foundation assessment in Eastern Turkey
- SIMBAT dynamic pile testing in St. Kitts
- Pile integrity and load testing in Trinidad and Tobago
- Thelwall viaduct monitored by Testconsult
- Specialist testing for the Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Delivering testing equipment and training in Serbia
- Structural investigation of Epsom College
- Pavement assessment for wind farm development in Scotland
- Dynamic pile testing for highways project in the Caribbean
- Crowd barrier testing for Irish rugby club
- USA scaffold compliance testing
- Testconsult undertake monitoring on Lunan Bridge
- Below ground corrosion assessment in Mineral Vody
- Transmission tower testing in Costa Rica
- Heavy weight deflectometer testing at Heathrow
- Dynamic load testing on hardwood piles
- New zone testing method used on Forth Crossing
- Foundation checks on Hungarian power lines
- Sonic logging at Crossrail
- Historical Buxton pump house tested
- Monitoring ship canal bridges
- Wind farm ground improvement verification
- Monitoring the Hammersmith flyover
- Sonic logging in Azerbaijan
- Plate load testing at Cammell Laird wind farm facility
- Concrete condition survey on Liverpool's waterfront
- Dynamic pile testing on Southend Pier
- Cyclic pile testing at Loughborough Grand Central railway
- Vibration monitoring on the M6 motorway
- Testconsult perform 1200Te static load test in Azerbaijan
- Testconsult provide large scale shear box for Trondheim University
- Testconsult complete 440Te offshore pile load test in West Africa
- Pottery works refurbished in Stoke-on-Trent
- Sonic logging at Bodrum Airport, Turkey
- Bridge monitoring at Spaghetti Junction
Dynamic load testing in Gabon, West Africa.
Testconsult's foundation testing department were invited by a consortium of Gabonese and French companies to test driven piles in the capital city of Gabon, Libreville.
The consortium made up of a pile manufacturer, a geotechnical laboratory and several piling contractors are working together on eight projects around the capital. The piling manufacturer Sarl Coulon Pieux Battus has worked with Testconsult on previous projects in West Africa and the Carribean and recognise the SIMBAT dynamic pile test method as the most efficient and accurate method of conducting pile load testing.
Piles were dynamically tested on all eight projects over a four day period. A locally manufactured 2 tonne drop weight system with a quick release mechanism was used and operated by a truck mounted HIAB, enabling dynamic reactions of up to 2000KN to be achieved. In some cases where piles were fully mobilised, ultimate pile capacity was also predicted.
The efficiency of the system is illustrated by the fact that only 2 conventional static load tests could have been assessed in the same time frame and would have been considerably more costly.
If you think this test could be used on your contract and you would like further information please contact us.